Sunday 31 August 2008

Rolling Deck Squats - Get Those Legs Lean and Butt High!

Rolling Deck Squats are absolutely awesome for developing strength in the legs and core, that will result in super lean, toned legs and a tight butt, as well as abs of steel!  

Basically, you roll in a ball on your back and then come to your feet and stand up! Sounds easy? Well it really isn't!  

The first few times I tried it I had to use my hands to help push me up (so couldn't hold a kettlebell) and it took a good amount of practice to get it nailed!  An old knee injury slowed me down as the flex wasn't fully there on the right knee - but doing these has improved my mobility no end - another massive bonus of this exercise as you work through the full range of movement. 

I persevered, despite feeling a prat for not being able to do something that looked so easy - but every time I almost got up I just couldn't move!   

Luckily, the perseverance paid off, and every time I tried I could literally feel my core firing up more and more until it finally got me through the 'sticking point' and up.  From there I was addicted....

Forgot to mention what a killer cardio exercise this is too!  A few of these and you'll be sucking air, that's for sure!  You're whole body gets a look in, so this is a full body, metabolism boosting blaster of an exercise!

To make it even harder, you can try the 'no momentum' version in the video below, the kettlebell is firstly lifted overhead as you're body is on the floor (a pullover) and you use strength rather than momentum to get to the bottom of the squat position, and then to squat up... Fierce....



1 comment:

Elissa said...

these look so fun, i'm going to try them right now.