Monday 1 December 2008

30 Articles in 30 Day Challenge: Easy. 30 in 36hrs: Done!


EzineArticles.com Platinum Author

I was set a challenge to write 30 articles in the 30 day month of November. An easy task, one a day, no problem.

But I didn't actually take the challenge on until Friday! I suddenly decided I wanted to complete the challenge, as I had a client-free afternoon for once, so I set myself up at my lap top and got started!

I did calculate beforehand that I was likely to fail - logisitcally I didn't actually have enough time, and I wasn't going to sacrifice my weekend for it, I just thought at least getting 15 done would mean I was better off than having done nothing!

The concept of 'Fail Forward Fast' was on my mind - something I'd recommend you consider trying. Better to set a lofty goal and fail (e.g. aim for 30 and manage 15) than set a 'realistic' or 'achievable' goal that doesn't push you, in this case I could have set myself the challenge of writing 5 articles and easily managed it. I would have succeeded in meeting my goal, but been less successful than failing at a harder goal!

So, tip tapping away on the lap top, stopping for a KettleBelleBody training session and a meal Friday evening, I managed 15! I was really pleased, and half thought I'd leave it there and enjoy a weekend off....

But of course, the challenge hounded me in my head, and I thought I could at least get to 20... Or 25... So after training clients and a day out on Saturday, starting at about 4.30pm, I sat on the sofa and continued with the articles. I stopped for yoga and a meal, but then got back on it, and by 10.30pm (36 hours after starting the challenge!) I had managed it!

So, I now have a larger selection of articles, on a range of topics, available for you to peruse at: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert_bio=Caroline_Radway

If there are any topics you'd like me to cover in future articles, let me know! I'm going to try to write an article a day from now on (which means I need to get on and write one today!) so I'll appreciate ideas on what you'd like to read...

1 comment:

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.