Friday 12 December 2008

Vote for the KettleBelleBody Transformation Contest Winner!

The entries are in for the first ever KettleBelleBody Transformation Contest!

The two finalists are.... (drum roll, please...)

Nikki Caputa and Kelly Swindell!

These guys have done sooooo well! Please read through this post to find out more about their results and experience - then please leave a comment with your vote!

Hopefully their fantastic pre-Christmas results will inspire you to join in the fun on Jan 2nd, when the Valentines 6 Week Challenge commences! That's 50% more time - could mean 50% better results than these guys - can you afford not to take part?!

Check out their results and vote for the winner now!

KELLY SWINDELL:

BEFORE: 9th November
AFTER: 9th December











Shed 6"

Weight 136lbs to 132 lbs

KELLY'S STORY:

Did these 30 days ever g
o fast. I'm so happy to report that i only missed 1 workout and that was this weekend, but on those days I was working out on my course :0) I participated in this challenge as this is a hard time of year to stay on track, I thought well even if I stay the same it will be much better than going backwards. I wanted to have accountability, and this site was exactly what I needed, not only to keep myself on track, but to also offer support to fellow participants.

I am totally amazed at the after pictures. esterday a few people came up to me at the gym and commented on how small I am looking. The thing is I could not see it in myself until I looked at the pictures. i am still having trouble believing it is me!

I have been working out with the Kettlebells at home and I do not have a mirror so I had no idea that I have 'muscles' !!! When I go into the gym I have only been doing intervals or a Crossfit themed workout so again no mirrors. I think that my brain still sees me as I was at the beginning of this year.

So what did I do? I followed Carolines workouts exactly, I did Kettlebells 4 times a week
and then I ran my intervals 2 times a week, one day on the weekend was hard exercise free. Now I also walk my dogs twice a day and also walk my children to school, so I do get some extra steps in. However I do not add th
is as exercise into a journal as it is something that I have to do no matter what day, but I thought that I should add this on here now as it is extra compared to someone without kids or dogs :0)

Caroline's workouts are amazing, you get such a workout, I still have a love hate relationship with TGUs. I have been able to really target my worst area, I am sure this is because the KBs are unstable so you are firing your core all the time.

These workouts are not just for girls !!!

I am going to still follow this programme as Caroline has so many different programme cards and at the end of this week I will have completed the first one, there are many different exercises that I have not even attempted yet.


I followed the warm up and cool down, I loved the cool down part as I find stretching relaxing, I also learnt some new stretches! I also followed the Elimination diet. The hardest part was giving up coffee and tea, after the 1st few days the headaches were gone but the cravings were still there, but I stick with it Dax says 100% or nothing, so that is what i did. I found that I could eat many different foods, I was never hungry or feeling deprived of anything. I found that when the TOM came my chocolate cravings were not as bad, and I just had some fruit for the sweetness. When I got to day 21 i added bread back in and I'm ok with that, but when I eat wholewheat pasta i feel super bloated so from now on, I will just eat spaghetti squash in place of the pasta.

I believe that I had a light bulb go on in my head over the last month, I have followed othe
r programmes before and I know that I did not give 100%, this time I did and it shows you what you can do when you are committed to it. Even if I didnt feel like working out I told myself it was only 30 days and I can do it. I had day 23 of the Elimination Diet in my head and it was my mission to at least get there and then I could add some bread and pasta in. Once there it really was not the big deal, then all that was left was the last 7 days.

At the beginning of these 30 days I never thought that I would change my body this much.


Stats:

Bicep 10 1/2 10 3/4" increase 1/4"
Chest 36 1/4 35 decrease 1 1/4"

Waist (smallest part) 27 1/2 26.5" decrease 1"

Waist Navel 31 29" decrease 2"

Hips 37"
36 1/2 " decrease 1/2"
Thigh 22 1/2 21 1/2" decrease 1"


Total inches down 6"

Weight at the start was 136lbs, my weight today is 132 lbs


Over the last 30 days I have met some amazing people on here and I'm sure that the support will not stop now that the challenge is over. I have found that when you stick to something it works. It is not easy, but everyday you have to get up and tell yourself that you can do it and that you are going to do it. and no im not going out for coffee :0) the cravings are done !


NIKKI CAPUTA:

BEFORE: 9th November
AFTER: 9th December












6 1/2" Total loss!!!!!


NIKKI'S STORY:

When i started this challenge i decided that my goal was, that as i had not long ago turned 40, i wanted to get back the figure i had in my 20s!!! I suppose having twins has altered my shape but i always used this as an excuse to not do anything about it.

The challenge has helped me more than you can imagine, in just one month i have done more positive than i have in the last 8 years!! It has been fantastic to have the support of all the people on the challenge and especially my husband who has as ever been amazing. He too was stuck in a rut and we have motivated each other to just get on with it!!! As well as the amazing positives, i have also found some people who are negative influences but have learnt to rise above their comments and WOW look at the results.

I have totally stuck to the KB programme, doing either 3 or 4 workouts a week mixed in with boxing and body combat. I have mixed up the workouts so i got to sample alot of the exercises and have to say i totally love the whole thing!!! Food wise i followed my own plan and cut out coffee tea and alcohol completely (give or take the odd slip up!!). My eating is so much healthier now and i dont plan on letting it slip back even with Christmas around the corner.

I went and tried on a pair of skinny black jeans size 10 today just for the hell of it ....and they fitted!!! So i am on my way to dropping a size!!

As i said on the forums before i dont want this to stop, so
will be carrying on (maybe not so strictly!!) until the next one. Thanks so much Caroline and everyone. xxxx

Waist now 28 3/4 =
3 1/4" loss
Hips now 35 1/2 =
1 1/2" loss
Thigh now 20 1/2 =
1 1/2 " loss.

6 1/2" Total loss!!!!! (Over 3 sites only...)

So, now it's up to you!

Who are you going to vote for? It's a really hard call as they've both done so well! Bear in mind, that these two were actually pretty lean to start with, and as they always say, it gets harder the leaner you get, so these two really have done amazingly to be the two finalists.

Leave your comments at the end of the blog!

LINES ARE NOW CLOSED! RESULTS WILL BE CALCULATED SHORTLY!!!

37 comments:

Troy Anderson said...

Great job to both women.

I am voting Kelly mostly because since she is my friend on facebook I have been kind inadvertently following her journey.

None the less awesome work for both of you, you should be very proud of yourselves

DaleK said...

WOW - posture improvement for both of you is fabulous!!!

I'm not a member of the forums, I just stalk Caroline on Twitter - so I don't know if my vote counts?

I'd vote for Kelly simply because she talked about mindset changes, which in my rarely humble opinion, are key to making things permanent.

Still!!! They are both certainly winners!

Anonymous said...

Great work!

My vote: Kelly

Anonymous said...

Excellent work ladies. 2 great transformations -

My vote goes to Kelly

Anonymous said...

I vote for Kelly.

Both girls did a fantastic job.

Keep it going.
You girls are on the right track :)

Caroline Radway said...

OK, I've had a few emails from people who wish to remain anonymous, so if I post it will be an anonymous from someone who's emailed me!

3 so far for Nikki, 1 for Kelly

Unknown said...

Nikki gets my vote, 3.5 inches off her waist alone is impressive

andrea said...

My vote definately goes to Nikki because of the determination and effort she has put into this challenge. WELL DONE.!!

Anonymous said...

My vote goes to Nikki who has shown amazing determination and willpower to acheiev her fab results.

Kealey said...

I would like to vote for Nikki, her will power is truly an inspiration to us all.

The lady looks good!!!

Mark said...

Great commitment girls, my vote goes to NIKKI because she's a star!!!!

claire said...

Well done Nikki, you have my vote

Anonymous said...

My vote is for Nikki,

Her determination and commitment have been fantastic, what fab results!!!!!

Caroline Radway said...

Another anonymous vote 4 Nikki

Anonymous said...

My vote is for Nikki.

Nikki you look amazing - your dedication is a real inspiration.

BritGrl said...

My vote is for Kelly.

Well done to both ladies!

Unknown said...

Well done Nikki - you get my vote!

Anonymous said...

Well done both of you!
Nikki, what a result! You are stunning and inspiring and you have my vote for sure.
Shelley.

Anonymous said...

Wow...I think I must try this myself. My vote goes to Kelly - go girl!!

Anonymous said...

My vote is for Nikki. I think they both look great, but I see more definition from her.

MAP said...

Awesome job guys!!! I can't believe the transformations!

My vote is for Kelly!

I have been following her for a while now! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!

Kelly Olexa said...

I vote for Kelly!!! Woot!!

Anonymous said...

I vote for Nikki - just look at her new waist.

You have been so focused & look at the results.

Well done


Ann-Marie
xx

Anonymous said...

I vote for Nikki


Mike

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kelly!

I vote for Kelly keep up the work!

Anonymous said...

Tough decision...both transformations are fantastic! But I have to choose one, so that's Kelly.

Anonymous said...

nikki has to be the winner!

Anonymous said...

I vote for Nikki

Well Done!

Anonymous said...

Wow - you look amazing.

My vote is for 'The Nikki'!

Anonymous said...

Go Nikki! Go Nikki!
Looking good honey x

Anonymous said...

I vote for gorgeous Nikki!

ClaireB said...

Nicki you look fabulous!! your stomach is amazing!! Role on next fit weekend!

Women you are HOT!!!!

My vote goes to Nicki.

Anonymous said...

Well done my vote is for Nikki

Anonymous said...

Nikki looks great , well done you get my vote.

Anonymous said...

Well done Nikki my vote is for you.

Anonymous said...

Andy said you look fab NIX!!

My vote goes to Nikki (keep up the good work)

stephfour said...

I'm voting for Kelly. You rock girl!!