Wednesday 10 December 2008

The Fat Loss Troubleshooter

If you are struggling to get the nutrition side of things nailed, then you need Leigh - the Fat Loss Troubleshooter!

She's just about to release an update to the excellent Fat Loss Trouble Shoot Manual, and has a rather compelling trailer to whet your appetite (or not...): VIEW TRAILER

She is also launching her healthy 'eats' book: Body By Eats in Feb - you can even get a taster (ha ha) with some absolutely delicious recipes here, now: GIVE ME HEALTHY RECIPES!

Leigh is especially interested in rebuilding spent metabolisms, shot to pieces by women intent on overtraining and undereating to lose weight. Her Metabolic Repair programme is perfect for anyone who has brought their calories down and is training hard, but not seeing any results. I highly recommend it - in fact I have taken some time out of training following Leigh's advice and feel all the better for it (plus have dropped a few lb already!).

I try to give myself adequate rest anyway, and those of you who have my KettleBelleBody programme will know how much I advocate intense training coupled with plenty of rest and recovery.

But it's all too easy to ignore our own advice! I kinda trick myself into thinking 'vacations' are rest enough from a rigid training plan and are therefore the only time I don't follow a set training programme. But my holidays always involve windsurfing, surfing, kitesurfing, snowboarding, mountain biking and daily ashtanga yoga (plus I do all these activities at the weekends, which should really include a full rest day!), so it was not a surprise I needed a bit of time off.

I actually realised I have not taken a full week off training in a few years - I even got back into training after a knee op in about 2 days, which I knew was silly but just couldn't help myself! I would caution clients against that sort of behaviour, but conveniently 'forgot' to give myself a break!

Funnily enough, my weight has stayed the same since that knee op, despite aggressive training and strict nutrition. I realised rest was in order as per Leigh's instructions - it all suddenly made sense. But it took someone else to give me that advice! It was actually through advising a customer that I reminded myself of Leigh's programme last week in fact, as I identified the signs in someone else that I was failing to see for myself - it is so easy to delude ourselves sometimes.

So, whether you are not seeing results because you have not got the finer details of fat loss nailed, or because you have been overtraining / undereating, Leigh will be able to tell you exactly which side of the fence you are on, and exactly what you can do about it.

I can't recommend her books highly enough - she has re-inspired me to tighten up my nutrition and work on taking a more long term training approach, allowing myself more planned rests!

Those of us into kettlebells tend to be quite focussed and want to train hard, thinking that rest is an evil word - which is why I think we all need this book.

Would be really interested in finding out what results you get on the programme, so keep me posted!

No comments: